March 17, 2022
Car service in Kolkata
Renault Kwid Relaunched with New Features
The Renault Kwid has garnered a ton of sales in the basic micro-SUV segment and the facelifted version further supports that Renault has relaunched the Kwid with some minor changes in the market. The Kwid proved to be a great product for the French carmaker, mainly because of its SUV-ish features that match well with our road conditions. After Duster, Kwid established Renault as a major carmaker in India followed by the likes of Triber and Kiger. Now, the entry-level market space is controlled by the Kwid along with products from Maruti and Hyundai. Let's take a look at the changes that come with the re-launched Kwid.
- 1. The Kwid facelift gets a new interior and exterior color harmony with white accents in the climber range. The Kwid FY22 climber range comes with new dual-tone flex wheels in multiple color options.
- 2. Renault said in a statement that the model also comes in a new RXL(O) variant, with both 0.8-litre and 1-litre manual transmission powertrains.
- 3. The company said that the new Kwid has all the existing safety requirements and even that for the safety of both passengers and pedestrians.
- 4. The Kwid gets a host of active and passive safety features including dual front airbags, ABS and EBD, and seat belt reminders.
- 5. The Renault Kwid was previously awarded 0 stars in global NCAP crash test safety for adult occupant protection for the no airbag variant and driver airbag variant.
- 6. Fast forward to the present times, the Kwid has been updated with additional safety features as per the current Indian regulations with front driver side pyro tech and pre-tensioner, and ABS with EBD as standard.
Relaunched with Minor Changes:
The new Climber variant of the Kwid now comes with a stylish exterior with sporty white accents, new dual-tone flex wheels, and new color options including Metal Mustard and Ice Cool White with a black roof. For the monotone versions, the climber comes with Moonlight Silver and Zanskar Blue color themes. The SUV continues to feature a modern look with high ground clearance and a muscular body design, sleek LED DRLs on the bonnet, headlamps on the bumpers, roof rails, stylish alloy wheels, etc.
Interior and Features:
The list of features is also quite extensive, including a first-in-class 8-inch touchscreen MediaNAV Evolution infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, voice recognition, reverse parking camera with directions, electrically adjustable ORVMs, and more. Fuel economy rated at 22.25 km for the 0.8-liter variant is quite impressive and a major source of attraction for new customers. The Rs 0.35/km maintenance cost is bound to get people excited about Kwid's cost of ownership.
The Renault Kwid still comes with 0.8-litre and 1.0-liter petrol engines producing 54 PS/72 Nm and 68 PS/91 Nm of peak power and torque, respectively. There is an option of a 5-speed manual gearbox or an AMT transmission. Prices of the re-launched Renault Kwid start at Rs 4.49 lakh, ex-showroom. Major rivals include the likes of Hyundai Santro, Tata Punch, Tiago, and Maruti S-Presso.